Friday 30 April 2010

Blog update - Day 7

7 blog entries in 7 days. Time for a little reflection.

105 days ago (or 15 weeks) ago, I finished working for an employer so I could become a stay-at-home Dad. This, in turn, allowed my wife to concentrate on developing our new business "Moederkip".

If you have been following this blog, you'll know about all the "stuff" Bradley and I have been getting up to.

But what has this all meant for me?

For 33 years, I have had a variety of jobs. Each job was enjoyable and held its challenges. Nursing, Government, Qantas just to name a few.

Do I miss going to work every day? wearing a suit? or shirt & tie? Funnily enough, no I don't. I feel free , really free, for the first time in my working life.

But caring for a 2 year old? It is no different. Challenging, but more rewarding and fulfilling.


Bradley and I have really had a chance to bond and develop. Something I wish I had had the opportunity to do with my 3 older kids. And something I plan to continue doing with any other kids Moederkip and I may have in the future.

I can't believe it has only been 105 days since this all began because it seems like I have been doing this for years. And I can't wait for the next 20, 30, 40 or more years.

I thank my gorgeous wife, Moederkip, for her support and insight, and I thank Bradley for his love, his enthusiasm and his genuine love of life. He is such an inspiration and is sooooo much fun to be with each and every day.


Our adventures will continue. So stay tuned.

Cheers.

No comments: